[This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to people and incidents in real life is completely a fragment of your paranoid imagination]
Dear Jesus, let's break up.
There, I said it. It really is hard breaking up with someone and this is no exception. I hope you understand, actually I know you do. I want to say, "Let's be friends" but I'm not quite sure I can do that with you, after all that we've been through together. My desire with this break up letter is to cut ties with you completely. Sorry.
It really isn't you, after all you are perfect. You are loving, omniscient, and all knowing. For your sake, you're God. I'm the faulty one, the one with the wrong; after all, I am human. It's not like you did anything wrong or made a mistake(I don't think you're capable). It's me. I'm done. I'm weary. I'm tired of this relationship.
This isn't a sudden change of heart, in fact it's been developing for some time. I'm sure you noticed, I've been spending less and less time with you and I don't even try to communicate with you anymore. All my activities have half-hearted with more reluctance each day. I've been short tempered and impatient with everyone, especially you. This probably isn't even a surprise.
Yet even though you expected this, I know you won't stop me. That's what's great about you, you never forced me to do anything for you. It was always my own decision to follow after you, seek you, learn more about you, serve you, love you, and now it's my own decision to let you go, ignore you, forget you, and walk without you. I know it hurts you, I'm trying hard to think about that right now. I don't want the guilt to keep me from going away.
I need to. I don't want to hate living like this. And you know, we've been together for a long time. Unlike most people we don't really have an anniversary date. I just figured I've known you all my life. You've been faithful since then and I've been pretty good since the beginning too. That's why I want to leave. I want to see what it's like to live without you. I want to like the billions of other people I've always pitied. I want to live for myself (for whatever that's worth).
It's been a good run; there were good and bad times. You made me who I am today and I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm going to take advantage of your love and kindness to turn away from you. I guess I'm really sorry because I know you're hurting. Forgive me.
I don't know when we'll talk again and I'll probably try out of habit from time to time. Don't be hurt when I stop myself, OK? I don't want any compromises, I'm going to completely let you go. Please don't wait for me (though I know deep down you'll never stop waiting for me).
Take care of yourself. Pass this one to the H.S. and God. Send them my regards.
Don't call me.
Sincerely,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment